Friday, March 24, 2006

100 Things about Me

1/ I [used to] play the banjo.

2/ when my kids are older, I will again.

3/ I love covers, the weirder, the better.

4/ I collect covers of “These Boots are Made for Walkin’”.

5/ I am a librarian.

6/ My favorite job was working for the Library of Congress.

7/ I don’t have time to read books.

8/ I have 3 sons.

9/ Each of my sons were born on the birthday of someone dear to us.

10 / I grew up in Washington D.C.

11/ I was born in The Bay Area, and live there now.

12/ I went to Montessori school until 10th grade.

13/ I have studied Spanish, Italian, French, Latin, German and Modern Greek.

14/ I am not fluent in any of them.

15/ I am addicted to knitting.

16/ I love afternoon tea.

17/ I met my DH at U.C.L.A.

18/ We’ve been together most of the time since.

19/ I was a college radio D.J. at two stations.

20/ I had a show dedicated to covers.

21/ I have had a covers website since 1998.

22/ My favorite cover is “Alone Again Or” by the Damned.

23/ I have been on two game shows.

24/ I got to the last round of one, but didn’t win.

25/ I love the ‘80s.

26/ Is the day of my birth.

27/ I don’t celebrate birthdays anymore.

28/ Or divulge how tall (“short”) I am.

29/ My favorite comedian is Jim Gaffigan.

30/ I really wanted to name one of my sons “Reuben”. (J.G. joke)

31/ My favorite author is Roald Dahl.

32/ My favorite author who acts is Crispin Glover.

33/ I have seen Crispin glover perform 3 times and met him once.

34/ Every time I visit L.A. I have to have a star sighting.

35/ My favorite cancelled TV show is “It’s Like … You Know”.

36/ and anything by the “Freaks and Geeks” creator.

37/ My favorite current TV show is “The Office”.

38/ One of my favorite movies is “Bottle Rocket”.

39/ Another is “The Warriors”.

40/ I own “The Warriors” on laserdisc.

41/ and its soundtrack on vinyl.

42/ I have too many favorite bands to count.

43/ One is The Ophelias.

44/ I am a natural blonde.

45/ It can be rather boring.

46/ My favorite color is red.

47/ and black.

48/ I started wearing “all black” in 1987.

49/ Except my hair which will go there eventually (Thanks Suicide Girls!).

50/ Until I moved [back] to California, I never wore jeans.

51/ I love [Round Table] pizza.

52/ They didn’t hire me to be their librarian!

53/ I wouldn’t have liked the commute anyway.

54/ I’m a picky eater.

55/ I have a huge sweet tooth.

56/ I’m baking right now.

57/ I love polka.

58/ And ‘Weird Al’ Yankovic.

59/ When he was unattached, I secretly wanted to leave my DH for him.

60/ Or at least play banjo in his band.

61/ My DH works in the video game industry.

62/ We rarely play video games.

63/ But I do study them in graduate school.

64/ Hopefully someday I’ll finish my degree.

65/ I’m in my 5th year of a 1 year program.

66/ I also love the sound of film and television.

67/ Walter Murch is a genius.

68/ I have 3 tattoos.

69/ I plan on getting 2 more.

70/ I hate that they have become so popular.

71/ DH, DSs and I have a [tiny] house in the Bay Area.

72/ We are not rich.

73/ I do hope to move back to the city when I go back to work.

74/ I miss public transportation.

75/ Although I do love my Honda Pilot.

76/ We had to get a vehicle to fit 3 boys and their carseats.

77/ I was carjacked, and then got my Honda Accord back.

78/ I had it for another 5 years before having to upgrade.

79/ I am not a vegetarian.

80/ I hate when “vegetarians” eat seafood.

81/ I don’t eat seafood.

82/ I’m afraid of crabs.

83/ Yes, I did spend much of my childhood in Maryland.

84/ I don’t like bugs or rodents that much either.

85/ I miss Maryland, but not driving in snow.

86/ I went to the University of Maryland.

87/ I have a degree in Linguistics.

88/ I worked at Maryland’s library school, but went to U.C.L.A. for my library degree.

89/ I specialized in cataloging non-print media.

90/ I love all kinds of library work.

91/ But not the lack of respect libraries and librarians get.

92/ I hated “Party Girl”.

93/ Although I do like the U2 song of the same name.

94/ I would never catalog my albums in the Dewey Decimal System.

95/ I have seen all of the Almodovar movies.

96/ My favorite is “Laberinto de Pasiones”.

97/ Even though my kids get up really early, I stay up really late.

98/ I am not a morning person.

99/ I hear “I’m an Adult Now” by The Pursuit of Happiness in my head right now.

100/ I am done!

4 Comments:

Blogger KnitGyver said...

I thought I was the only person ballsy enough to admit they liked polka....

7:28 AM  
Blogger roxtarc said...

i'm type o negative TOO...
ya evah need blood, you let me know
;)

1:43 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yay! As an English teacher, I have a special spot in my heart for librarians.

11:04 AM  
Blogger Andey Layne said...

I'm ambivalent about polka, but I looooove Weird Al. When I'm angry I turn his music up really loud and clean house and then I feel better... and my hubby feels worse cause it drives him bonkers. :P

11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home